Monday, May 6, 2013

A new start

Trying to get all my ducks in a row. (wow.. that is an old expression.. wonder it's origin?) I'm in the process of reevaluating my life's ambitions. And I would like to write more frequently on this blog.

There are many pundits who say that having a blog is essential to a successful presence on the internet.. which is to say a successful business presence.  But for me it goes beyond that. I would like to write from my heart.. my experience.. my insights. Not trying to craft my message in any kind of influential way.. just wanting to be authentically ME.

So, the question (which I ask myself) is "how transparent can I allow myself to be?" Knowing that the internet IS a permanent and widely accessible medium.  I am reminded of this every time I watch an episode of "Bones" or "Castle". (If that kind of technology doesn't REALLY exist yet, it will soon!) Even the posts you delete can still be uncovered. Not that I have any great secrets to hide... but I know that we each, as humans, have places inside of ourselves where we feel vulnerable and judged. Usually, these judgements are self-inflicted.

My answer to this question is.. I will start with baby steps. Truthfully, I want to be living in a place where there is nothing about "who I am" that I am afraid to be or to express. That is true freedom. And "truth be told" I know that I am the only one keeping me from that place.

So let's start there. With intention.

Sarah