Saturday, July 27, 2013

A New Perspective

I have been playing with a new lens lately... one that I got to fill in for my old standby, which is at Canon for repairs. I bought the lens used, and fairly inexpensively at the shop where I took my other lens for repair. The new (used) lens is a Tamron 55-200mm Macro. It takes some surprisingly interesting photos.

It has some issues, like the very noticeable vignette and no image stabilization, but it's still fun to play with a new perspective. Kind of like life.

I shot a whole series of still life, and then took it out to Abbot's Lagoon to see how it would fair with wildlife. Not bad, but I'm pretty sure I'd do better with a 400mm for shooting birds. They are fast little buggers.

Anyway. here are a few sample shots. More at my website http://www.sarahclarehartphoto.com

Watermellon Pearls

Cheeky Sparrow